Today I was able to track down some weird dependency circles that where happening on a very few number of my machines.  Turns out my fedorakmod plugin was trying to install kmods for kernels that the installonlyn magic had on the erase list.  So I’ve added code to check for kernels being removed to fedorakmod.  Speaking of, the new upstream for fedorakmod is here:

That’s also now in git head for yum-utils.

Continuing to poke around I discovered that the postresolve hook in yum that the fedorakmod plugin uses comes before the installonlyn magic.  I also patched that so the postresolve hook comes directly after.

Almost a successful day.

Previous   Up   Next


comments powered by Disqus